Alex dela Cruz has it all. Looks, money, and a killer sense of style.
When the annoyingly gorgeous Adam Cordero calls her selfish, she decides to prove him wrong by transforming Christy Marquez from an invisible misfit into a ruling princess of Asia Pacific Academy. Great hair? Check. Flawless red lipstick? Check. Instant popularity? A slightly too big check.
But now, Alex is on the brink of losing the plastic tiara she’s supposed to get as prom queen, her best friend, and her heart to the unlikeliest of candidates. Too bad she isn’t letting anything—or anyone—get between her and that tiara.
What I liked:
- Filipino representation AND it’s set in the Philippines!
- Despite this being a novella, that characters are really fleshed out, and the relationships between the characters are really fleshed out as well.
- Alex starts out as kind of an unlikable character, but we are quickly shown that there is much more to her than meets the eye. She is such a complicated character and I loved that so much about her.
- Alex’s character arc was believable, despite the short time span.
- I loved her friendship with M and how it was such an important aspect of the story, I wasn’t expecting that, and it was such a nice surprise.
- It has the enemies to lovers trope–which is a personal favorite of mine–and it was done so well! Her relationship with Adam was so cute.
What I disliked:
- Honestly, I would have preferred this to be a full length novel. There were so many sub plots that I wanted to be explored more because I think they could have given a lot of depth to the story, to Alex, and to her character development. As much as I loved this book, I did finish it wanting more out of it.
Overall, this was such a cute novella and I loved it so much!
Would I recommend? Heck yes!